Thursday, July 11, 2019

C


Capitol C and lower case c


Remembering the truth that a bigger center makes things go easier, I cut the center of my capitol C, after measuring my B.


I cut a 2″ strip of this cool Jane Sassaman fabric.


Sew some on the other side, too.


Since I’m not using foundation paper piecing, things can get a little wonky, but a nice trim usually evens things up.

I cut freehand some little squares to snowball onto the corners to make the curves, but they are roughly in the 1" square dimension.  After making the As and the Bs, I'm loosening up.


This is what I cut my center of my lowercase c, as I have to leave extra to go to the edge on the right side.


I sewed on the 2″ strips...


...then cut down my lowercase c to this size.  I made it a squoosh narrower on the top part of the c, called  “the bowl” (see diagrams at the end–yes, I know there are three because I got carried away).



Corners snowballed on.


Big C, little c!


Now I know my B-A-Cs.

DIAGRAMS of typography terminology (you'll get more as you go along):





c is for cutting, crazy quilt, the color wheel, Criss-Cross, Colorwheel Blossom and Come A-Round


Criss-Cross, (No. 136), from here


 Come A-Round, (No. 90), from here


Colorwheel Blossom, (No. 140), from here