Sunday, July 7, 2019

Now I've Said My ABCs





The first written alphabet was more than 9,000 years ago, ages and ages before it evolved into what we are used to now, and certainly there are many more types of alphabets for different languages and peoples.  But the quilty alphabet holds a place in my heart, given my love of writing and of language.
I set out to make one letter a day and post them up, which I have completed.  I should say something significant (I love Dave) or (I love my kids) always choosing phrases that don't use the same letters.  Instead I decided to focus on the idea of completion, of being finished, of being done, as we don't often linger here before catching sight of something on the horizon, and we're off again, chasing the next thing on our burgeoning To Do lists.

Housekeeping: While this blog may change with the quilts displayed under each letter, and I may order things around here and there doing a little fine-tuning, it's basically finished.  Thanks for playing along!