Tuesday, July 9, 2019

T



Yes, I think you can figure out a T.  I started with 2″ strips to get this result. 

Now here are two different lower case t’s. 

In the first example the stem cuts through the cross stroke.

Cut a rectangle, roughly the size (minus a little width) of your lowercase t.


Splice it roughly in third, maybe even a 3/4 to 1/4 splice, with a 1.5″ strip.  Press toward the dark.


Splice it in half, again, this time cutting lengthwise, and sew in another strip.  I matched up at the bottom because I liked that proportion better. Use your eye to guide you.


Here’s the overlay with the ruler so you can see the measurements of what I came up with.  Yours may differ.



To give it less of a cross-like look, trim a little off that left-hand edge, so the proportions are slightly different.  It’s now wider in the lower right space.


Here’s the dimensions for the second version of the t, where the cross stroke bisects the stem.  As usual, I used a 1 1/2″ strip for the letter fabric.


Pick a spot where you think the cross stroke should go, and iron a crease there.  Make sure you like it, then cut the stem at that place and piece in another 1-1/2″ piece across.  You can also trim the lefthand a little to make the proportions seem less cross-like, but as you can see in the word below, I left it as is and it seems okay.



t is for template, thimble and tutorials and Ted and Maurice at Lorinc Pap Ter



 Ted and Maurice at Lorinc Pap Ter, from here (No. 134)
One of my Four-in-Art quilt, about 12″ square.